COR Holders May Request an Extension on their COR Audits
Alberta Labour and Immigration, Certifying Partners (CPs) and the WCB have made significant temporary changes to the COR program. This will help Alberta employers maintain their CORs and auditors maintain auditor certification status during the pandemic.
Summary of temporary measures include:
- Audits are simplified and limited to documentation-only from March 17 to December 31, 2020
- Employers who are certified with this process will receive a one-year COR, and remain eligible for WCB PIR refunds
CPs may use their own staff auditors to conduct documentation-only COR certification and maintenance audits to assist employers
- CPs are authorized to grant 90-day extensions to member employers for CORs that expire between March 17 and June 30
- The requirement for employers in the Small Employer Certificate of Recognition (SECOR) program to keep a SECOR trained employee on staff is waived until December 31
- CPs will conduct auditor training via live webinars
- The number of completed audits required to maintain auditor certification is reduced from two to one
- CPs may extend auditor certification expiry dates to December 31
For more information contact your Certifying Partner.
To read further please check out the OHS E Newsletter here.