Become Informed On OHS Changes
On June 1, three new OHS rules come into force. The Worker’s right to know potential hazards, the right to refuse dangerous work and the right to participate in their health and safety.
Changes to Alberta’s workplace health and safety laws were passed late last year. This spring, government consulted with employers, workers’ advocates and Albertans on specific rules regarding harassment and violence, as well as the operation of joint work site health and safety committees. The consultation concluded on April 9. An Order in Council signed April 23 spells out those details.
Employers can learn more about supports and information through the following resources:
- An online overview of changes.
- Up-to-date webinars for employers are available and will continue as needed. Click here to register.
- To view a recent webinar, click here.
- Click here to subscribe for regular updates through the OHS e-newsletter.
- An employer-focused, online advertising campaign launched April 16 to raise awareness of the changes, and will run through the summer.
An information session for stakeholders is being planned to provide more details. To get updates and registration information, sign up for OHS eNews.