Last week the Alberta government released several funding announcements around Green Trip funding. Both the Capital Region and Calgary Region will see increased investment to build more transit infrastructure. Calgary Region will receive $187 million for projects.
- Four new electric buses (St. Albert): $2.1 million
- Smart fare system (Capital Region-wide): $28 million.
- Calgary’s 17 Avenue Southeast Transitway and Southwest Transitway: bus-only lanes or roads, LRT electrical upgrades, and North and South Crosstown Bus Rapid Transit projects;
- a new transit facility in Airdrie;
- a transit bus hub in Canmore; and
- a bus storage facility in Banff.